Make do and mend 2

After a long break I finally had a weekend with lots of time on my hands, which I could use for more recycling projects.

I have built up a huge pile of things (predominantly clothes) I wanted to mend. So I picked out an old cardigan, which I bought 18 (!) years ago, when I first went to London to look for a place to stay for college. And I have worn this cardigan for all those 18 years since. No surprise the hems are a bit frayed and the fabric is worn through at the elbows. It's also a bit baggy by now, but maybe I can do something about that, too.

So, I have selected some nice fabric to patch up the elbows and the hems. Instead of going for the usual leather patches, I have chosen a flowery print. I was hoping that this would turn the slightly baggy shape into a nice feminine "flowing" look. To fit the look I have also covered some buttons in the same fabric and replaced the old buttons.

I am quite happy with the end result. I will probably not wear this cardigan to any business meetings, but at home or the weekend it looks great and is very comfortable.



Kommentare

Beliebte Posts